Pack 98 Geocaching Hike – Saturday 9/21 (new date!) at 9 a.m.
PDF file of the event here: Geocache_Hike
Come treasure-hunting with us and learn about geocaching!
Who doesn’t like finding hidden treasure? Please meet in the western Fossil Creek Park parking lot just before 9 a.m. on Saturday, 9/21 (new date!). This is the smaller lot off Fossil Creek Parkway, not the bigger lot off Lemay. (Take College south past Harmony. Turn left onto Fossil Creek Parkway. Pass an apartment complex, then turn left into the park’s west parking lot.) We will split into smaller groups so that each boy has a good chance of finding a treasure himself, and follow the route below (each group starts at a different point on the trail). Please see page 2 of this flyer for more details – boys need certain supplies.
View of overall geocache course:
View of parking lot where we’ll meet:
What to bring:
- Your Cub Scout accompanied by a parent, and any siblings or friends who want to come. No dogs, please.
- Water bottle, sunscreen/hat/sunglasses, rain gear if rainy.
- SIX SMALL TREASURES to trade (per child). At each stop, each boy can choose a treasure from the cache and must replace it with a treasure of similar value. Ideas: Matchbox cars, small plastic animal toys (like you might get at Chuck E Cheese), coins (e.g. a quarter), cool erasers, silly bandz, stickers only if in a small ziplock bag – the caches may get damp. It needs to be something the size of a Matchbox car or smaller
and able to get damp without being ruined.
- A smartphone or tablet, if you have one.
- Please e-mail Karen (email@example.com) by Friday night 9/20 if you have an Android smartphone that you will bring to use at this event. We will be using a free app called “c:geo” that you can download from the Google Play store. Karen would like to know how many people will have this app available for this event. (No need to reply if you don’t have an Android smartphone – just show up.)
Hope to see you there!